Favourite Travel Experiences of the Month #22
After a quiet February, we look forward to an exciting March where members of the Not Just a Holiday team are off on various European road-trips, everywhere from Luxembourg to Romania. In this months blog we look back at the key points of February in the world of travel and then anticipating the highlights March will have to offer. Our top 10 features of the month incorporate the world of festivals, strolling in Seoul and Europe’s best Waterparks, to name just a few.
Feast your eyes on the top 10 features of February.
Nyepi – Balinese New Year. Photo courtesy of mattspong.
1. March is upon us and there are plenty of exciting festivals across the world this month. You could find yourself booking a trip anywhere from Sydney to Nepal. If we had to pick one, we would be off to Bali for the New-Year celebrations!
2. The 2013 Oscars were last month. If like us you didn’t make it out to LA, here is 10 reasons why you should; The Guardian’s 10 Best Places to Visit in Los Angeles.
3. Visit somewhere closer to home this month and see what Wiltshire has to offer. Steeped in history and naturally asthetic it will make a perfect short break this spring.
4. Not all the best waterparks are in North America, a blogpost from A Luxury Travel Blog shows you why in 5 of Europe’s best waterparks.
5. National Geographic’s Photo of the Month for February captures a truly picturesque scene in Kyoto’s Hirano Shrine, Japan. Definitely worth a minute of your time!
St Basil’s Cathedral – Moscow. Photo courtesy of verygreen.
6. Moscow is covered in beautiful architecture, take a browse through its 5 most stunnings buildings and Moscow will be added to your ‘to-visit’ list immediately.
7. Going for a stroll in Seoul – discovering South Korea’s capital on foot provides an insight to its natural side amongst the vast metropolis.
8. Be a responsible traveller and take a trip that is beneficial to the country you are visiting, – 10 Great Adventure Trips That Give Back.
9. It’s not long until the Cannes Film Festival, but if you are looking for something a little alternative on the movie circuit, the Insect Fear Film Festival in Illinois might be the one for you. Sufferers of entomophobia steer clear!
10. 36 hours in Melbourne – the essential guide to Australia’s second city in a day and a half.
Holiday of the Month – Wanaka, New Zealand
As the Southern Hemisphere’s summer begins to draw to a close it reveals some stunning autumn destinations, including the angelic Wanaka on the South Island of New Zealand. Set on the shore of the vast Lake Wanaka with the intense scene of the Southern Alps to the north, Wanaka is a genuine beauty-spot.
It is the ideal base for an adventure holiday in any season; the region is home to multiple top ski-resorts in the winter, whilst the summer is perfect for a multitude of hikes or water activities out on the lake. Just an hours drive from the international airport in Queenstown, it is well connected and is a must visit for anyone travelling ‘down under’.
No excursion would be complete without a visit to the strangely unique Puzzling World, full of baffling puzzles, illusions and the ‘Leaning Tower of Wanaka’!
Photo courtesy of missbossy.