Favourite Travel Experiences of the Month #18
With the British winter setting in, you are forced to either embrace or escape the weather when it comes to a holiday. Over the past month the team have been on researching a huge variety of trips which reflect the above; enjoying autumn in Germany and Norway and soaking up the last of the northern hemisphere sun in Morocco. As well as that, while back in NJaH HQ we have been scouring planet web for the best travel ideas and stories out there.
We have narrowed them all down to present our 10 favourite travel stories and features for you to enjoy.
photo courtesy of uggboy
1) Ever fancied living the life of a secret agent? To coincide with the release of Skyfall, Trivago compiled a list of the top 10 hotels featured in Bond films.
2) You don’t have to look that far for a sense of adventure, have a look at 10 alternative ways to explore London.
3) A ‘rarely fulfilled dream’ say The Guardian. East Tirol, Austria – a ski resort with empty slopes, cheap food and drink and incredible panoramic views.
4) Fancy skiing a little closer to home? Check out Sawday’s Top 10 chalets in France
5) The 25 most photographed places on earth, how many have you snapped?
Photo courtesy of alfieianni
6) The Caribbean or the Indian Ocean? Escape to the sun on a budget this winter with The Telegraph’s guide to cheap winter holidays.
7) The best roof-top hotel views ever? Apparently so.
8) Austrian Felix Baumgartner sky dives from the edge of space, breaking a 52 year old record. Have a look at these shots of Joseph Kittinger’s jump in 1960.
9) Photography has never been so accessible, make the most of your camera phone with Mashable’s top Instagram tips.
10) How to make the most of a business trip! Lonely Planet give a guide to the essentials to maximising your spare time.
Holiday of the Month
Montreal is a genuine an all-year-round destination, but autumn provides its true beauty. A city known for its abundance of open spaces, its parks transform into a collage of red and brown. As the summer comes to an end, the prices fall so it is also a cheap time to visit before the Canadian ski season kicks in. Montreal is known for its culture and the French blend makes it a truly unique city, well worth a visit.
photo courtesy of abdullahh