This is the time of the year when the big travel companies blow their advertising budget. You can see the adverts on television, from the beautiful looking Thomas Cook advert’s showing off their latest package deals to companies like trivago showing you how much cheaper buying hotel rooms can be.
You also have lucky travel journalists being sent out to survey the good and the great of the latest holiday hotspots and give us their valued opinion. And that’s where the Not Just a Holiday team come in – we have rounded up some fantastic looking holiday features, giving you some great ideas about where to book your next trip.
Photo courtesy of Werkmen.
So, we present our 10 favourite travel stories and features of the week, as well as our holiday recommendation of the week:
2) The Mystique of Route 66. We really liked this feature looking at the legend and history of this much talked about tourist route.
3) Not so much a holiday idea, this feature from Environmental Graffiti showing a Chilean town after a volcano eruption in 2008.
4) How to NOT be a jerk at the airport. One or two important tips here including ‘Respect the moving sidewalk’.
5) Fancy going to Buenos Aires to try some tango? Well you need to read this, a nice feature on taking up this classic Latin dance.
6) Before you go on your next flight abroad just be aware this is how your plane will land if there is high winds. Gulp.
7) A nice feature from the Lonely Planet, which gives you a guide to the Very Big Things of Australia.
8) If you have not booked your skiing trip this Winter then check out this feature from the New York Times, Skiing the Spanish Pyrenees.
9) If you want a trip to the Caribbean on the cheap do as this article says and book now. Some really great practical tips here.
10) Some nice ideas about where to eat out in Berlin. Horvath here we come.
Holiday of the Week
In one of the most alluring cities in the world, the Algodon Mansion Hotel is a sheer delight in Buenos Aires. It’s best features? 24 hour butlers, 10 luxury suites, a fantastic restaurant, a rooftop pool. If you can afford to splurge then you cannot do any better – well located and lacking in nothing. Go.