Favourite travel experiences of the week #12
There has been so much in the way of interesting travel stories this week, we were not quite sure what would make our top 5. Two things that we had to show you were a couple of YouTube classics we stumbled across, one showing an antelope levelling a cyclist (what an endorsement for cycle helmets!) and one of our favourite ever time lapse videos, showing the growth of a quite spectacular beard whilst on a world trip!
After you have enjoyed viewing those check out best travel stories and features of the week, in no particular order:
1) You wait ages for a decent travel feature from little-known Papua New Guinea and then what do you know, two come along at once. The Guardian has a nice angle with a kayak trip on the Tigak islands. Looks great!
2) Who doesn’t like a good old fashioned 10 top list? We do, and we certainly like the Lonely Planet’s top 10 things to do in Cabo San Lucas, one of the Latin America’s hippest destinations.
3) Want to experience a long travel trip but have a small child? One of our favourite blogs Almost Fearless shows you how its done, South East Asia style.
4) If you have got some time to kill (as this one has a lot of posts!) then we can definitely recommend the Life is a Wheel blog, following Bruce Weber’s bike ride across North America.
5) What did we say about top 10 lists – here is another one giving you some tips for your next trip to Paris.